– I must get you this info before Week-4 waivers close. For those that picked up the San Diego-DST with us a week ago, in anticipation of the Week-4 matchup with Jacksonville, and the schedule to come. You might really consider picking up the Browns-DST (on a BYE now) for whatever dud spot you have on your roster.
Next week SD goes against Geno, but maybe Vick. The Browns face Tennessee.
Week-6: CLE vs. Big Ben, SD vs. Carr (after this week SD is no good)
Week-7: CLE vs. Bortles, SD vs. A. Smith
Week-8: CLE vs. Carr
Week-9: CLE vs. Glennon/McCown
Week-10: CLE vs. Dalton
Week-11: CLE vs. Fitzpatrick (after this week CLE is in trouble)
Week-12: CLE vs. M Ryan
Since getting thumped by Pittsburgh in the 1st-half of Week-1, they held the Steelers to a FG in the 2nd-half in a furious comeback effort. They stymied the vaunted Saints offense in surprising win Week-2. They handled Joe Flacco and the Ravens for most of Week-3…giving up a FG as time expired. The Browns are one of the better defensive units in the NFL, and one of the most well coached teams…led by a Head Coach, who pulled a miracle with Buffalo’s defense last year. If you look up at the Weeks 5-11 schedule…you might be able to run Cleveland that entire stretch.
– Our scouting models liked Lorenzo Taliaferro (18 carries for 91 yards and 1 TD) coming out of Coastal Carolina this year, but there is no way to feel comfortable that he is now ‘the guy’ in Baltimore. Bernard Pierce (DNP) ran the ball better than any Ravens RB this year in Week-2. Forsett was great in Week-1, and has been solid every game this season. No way a decent rookie RB comes in and casts them all to the bench. Forsett becomes a bit of a favorite of the three, because he is more a receiver for them. I think the three of them get totally FF-sliced and diced among each other…and if not, it will be Pierce-Forsett taking the run-pass lead.
– I’m not sure why some Browns beat writers want to kill off Terrance West (12 carries for 36 yards and 1 TD, 2 rec. for 5 yards on 2 targets). Some analysts torched him a week before the season started, then West jumped in and carried the team in Week-2 vs. the Saints. Now, because of some uber-lust for Isaiah Crowell (11 carries for 55 yards and 1 TD), they want to banish West to the 3rd-team. I’d buy cheap Dynasty stock in West in a couple weeks. I think he’s the best RB on that team…an incredible savvy, tough runner. No slight to the other guys.
The problem in Cleveland is the same as Baltimore…good luck trying to pick a FF-winner at RB. When you think you have one, it’s going to switch. I want nothing to with these backfields when everyone is healthy in 2014, for redraft for sure. It’s likely going to be Ben Tate as the lead, and then the other guys sprinkled in. Anyone of them is a fumble or whatever from getting nothing in a given game.
– IDP C.J. Mosley (6 tackles, 4 solo, 1 TFL) is playing almost every snap for the Ravens in his first three weeks. His numbers have been OK: 7.3 tackles, 0.7 PDs per game.
– FYI, Torrey Smith (2 rec. for 25 yards on 8 targets) still does play in the NFL. Thanks to our computer for finding that nugget a lot of people were unaware of. If there is a Torrey bounce back it’s coming this week, and weeks to come, as the schedule lightens up. We predicted trouble for Torrey out of the gates based on opponent, but I didn’t think it would be this bad.
– R.C. Fischer is an NFL Draft analyst for College Football Metrics.com, and a football projections analyst for Fantasy Football Metrics.com. His group also provides player projections for Advanced Sports Logic’s football software “The Machine.” See “The Machine” here: The Machine via FFM
**If you enjoy the free content on Fantasy Football Metrics.com please consider making your next Amazon purchase through our website/link partnership with Amazon. You’re going to buy something at Amazon anyway, there is no extra charge — help give us a little love! Feel free to save/bookmark this link in your favorites and you will have it for all future Amazon purchases. Thanks for your consideration! Link – Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more **
Category Archives: Cleveland Browns
Twitter @FFMetrics – My main note from this game: Don’t mentally get deflated on Brandin Cooks (3 rec. for 17 yards on 6 targets, 31 yards rushing) because it wasn’t a home run FF-game this week. As the Saints head home for two of next three games…everything is going to perk up on offense. It just does at […].. Continue reading→
Twitter @FFMetrics I’m going to begin this recap with two ostentatious statements… 1) Le’Veon Bell (21 carries for 109 yards and 1 TD, 6 rec. for 88 yards on 7 targets) is a strong candidate for 2014 NFL Offensive MVP, and I would say odds-on favorite to be the #1 Fantasy Football scoring RB this […].. Continue reading→
– A lot of chatter about Benny Cunningham pushing Zac Stacy. I want to disbelieve this, because the NFL is rarely radical, but The Computer was also the original Benny Cunningham hype train…so I am biased. – Two people, including Chris Mortensen, are leaning a break or more for Josh Gordon. – More and more […].. Continue reading→
By now, most of you have seen/heard the news that the league is working out new details for raising the ‘limit’ on drug testing results. It makes sense to be in accordance with all the other sports. If they do that, word has been bounced around that Josh Gordon could have his suspension reduced or totally […].. Continue reading→
Twitter @FFMetrics – David Fales (13-24 for 146 yards, 1 TD/1 INT) did well in his full-game start. He has NFL skills. He has enough arm, and the accuracy has always been there. He is not flashing any ‘star’ signs, but he is capable-good. In this game, he was jumpy early, as to be expected, […].. Continue reading→
Twitter @FFMetrics – I’m going to assume, like most, that Sam Bradford (4-9 for 77 yards, 0 TD/0 INT) is now all but done in the NFL. I’m sure he’ll give it another college try, but for our Dynasty/Fantasy purposes, I’m done…not that I was heavily invested. The multiply hurt, tend to get hurt again. […].. Continue reading→
Twitter @FFMetrics – Can you believe that Jonathan Manziel Esquire (7-16 for 65 yards, 1 TD/0 INT) flipped ‘the bird’ on national TV? I, for one, was shocked. It was right out there in public for everyone to see, and now you know ‘the truth’ that had been kept from some of you (not FFM-CFM’ers)… I’m not talking […].. Continue reading→
Twitter @FFMetrics – My biggest takeaway from this game is that Terrance West (10 carries for 22 yards, 1 rec. for 8 yards on 1 target) is ready to run the ball in the NFL. He’ll run behind Ben Tate (6 carries for 25 yards), but he’s a lot closer than I would have suspected. He’s […].. Continue reading→
Twitter @FFMetrics There’s no ‘real’ football action going on, but there is a bunch of off-field noise to comment on. So here’s a quick take on the 7/7/14 news, followed by something ridiculous. – This Theo Riddick thing is getting out of control. Theo Riddick is not Darren Sproles…you can try to make him into […].. Continue reading→
Twitter @FFMetrics *Same preamble as yesterday!* I encourage you to read Matthew Berry’s 100 Fantasy Football Facts for the 2014 Fantasy Football Preseason. His ’100 Facts’ pieces are always well written, well-researched, and are guaranteed to make you think. I know they make you think, because soon after its release, I get a bunch of emails asking what I […].. Continue reading→